My friend Holly, who I mentioned in a previous post, finally welcomed her little girl on October 4, 2010. She was just a week overdue, but I know that feels like forever when you are waiting to welcome your bundle of joy. Her name is Elizabeth Ann and she is absolutely beautiful! We got to visit with her twice and she is such a sweet and calm little girl.
Yesterday, Holly took Elizabeth to her routine one-week check up with her pediatrician. The pediatrician listened to her heart and said he wasn't comfortable with how it sounded. He immediately sent them over to TC Thompson to get checked. Once they were at TC Thompson, the doctor told them that Elizabeth has a heart valve that is narrowing a blood vessel in her heart. Because of this, her heart is having to work too hard to supply blood and oxygen to her heart and the rest of her body. Because her organs aren't getting the oxygen they need, her kidneys are also not working properly.
Last night they rushed Elizabeth to Vanderbilt via ambulance so they could be at a hospital where they could better deal with her situation. This afternoon they will be performing surgery to cut out the narrow part of the blood vessel. The entire surgery will take 3 hours, but the procedure itself will only take about 15 minutes. The doctors said they do this surgery about 2 to 3 times a month, and they feel pretty optimistic about it.
I just can't even imagine how Holly and her husband are feeling/ dealing with this. They need all of the prayers that they can get, so please keep them in mind over the next few hours and days.
The unique thing about mine and Holly's friendship is that we were pregnant at the same time. Anyone who has had a pregnancy buddy like this can understand how special a bond you make with someone like that. Especially since we were both first time moms, we truly were going through the same thing at (pretty much) the same time. Holly was due right at 2 months before me, so we have been talking for months about how our little girls would be the best of friends. We also live very close to each other, so we talked about how we would do playdates and have the girls grow up together. Holly is the very first person I told when I saw that my pregnancy test was positive (because I was totally freaking out), and she is my go-to person if I want to just sit and giggle at stupid stuff. My heart hurts for her and for her little Elizabeth.
Please keep this family in your prayers and thoughts. I have faith that God will be looking out for little Elizabeth and her parents through this rough time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment